Sunday, July 01, 2007

Stobo - The Pictures

I have been back from Stobo for just a few days but the wonderful memory is still there. I thought I would put some of the pictures I took here.
The above image is the main entrance to the castle, followed by a view from the front door.

And then the hallway...


..... looking up and...


...looking back.


The back lawns for Mousie..


The stairs in the above picture are above the Cashmere Suite with it's private terrace. We got a tour of the Suite - WOW is all I can say!!!

The next picture is the Spa entrance - if you are not staying in the castle this is where you get in.


Through the doors and you enter the glass roofed courtyard that is the Spa Lounge where you can sit and relax. There is even a coffee shop if you are feeling the need for a drink (including wine) or a piece of cake.

And finally, my favourite place - the 25m ozone treated swimming pool!I had a great time. The mud room was a hoot! We were shown into a room where we stripped off and put on paper knickers! Now Wizzard is not all skin and bone - there is a fair amount of the wobbly stuff, as I pulled the lovely garment up they ripped! Well that had us both in fits of giggles! We then went into a huge cubicle with 2 sitting alcoves and covered ourselves from head to toe in sulpher smelling mud. We helped each other out on the places we could not reach ourselves, then sat in our alcoves as the heat dried the mud on us. All we could see of each other was the whites of our eyes and our teeth! Then the steam came - it must have lasted for at least 20mins! it was very very hot and the mud started to melt so we rubbed it in and the grittiness exfoliated our skin. Eventually the steam stopped and we were told to shower off - there were 5 shower nozzles in each alcove, but it must have taken 15 minutes to get it off - even so it was still engrained in my feet! Then we dried ourselves off and moisturised before putting on our robes again and going back to the spa reception. My skin was as smooth as silk!
I really cant wait until my next visit, so I am saving up any £2 coins that I get in change!

4 comments:

Norma Murray said...

Did you do this for fun or have you been up to something naughty and it was a punishment? I love the pictures of the castle and could see what fun it would be to stay there, but the mud....

Wizzard said...

It was great fun - if that is what I would get from being naughty - maybe I will be!!!

Elizabethd said...

I love going to a spa. We have the nearest thing here, a thalassotherapie centre, where everything is made from seaweed and related products. Stobo sounds very 'luxe'!

Cait O'Connor said...

Wow is all I can say.
I would love to go to a spa and the castle looks wonderful.